The OBB Program provides child safety seats and booster seats to eligible, low income families in all Ohio counties. The overall goals of this program are to increase the availability of child safety seats for families who could not otherwise afford them and to increase the proper installation and use of child safety seats.
Eligible Geauga County residents can receive a free car seat through Geauga Public Health.
Requirements for the OBB Program:
- Meet income guidelines (income must be within Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program guidelines, although the recipient does not need to be enrolled in the WIC Program).
- Have, or be the legal guardian of a child between 5 and 65 pounds for a convertible car seat or between 40 pounds (and be too tall for a convertible) and 100 pounds for a booster seat. We DO NOT provide infant carrier car seats.
- Attend the educational class provided by Child Passenger Safety Technicians and complete necessary paperwork (about 30-60 minutes long).
- Be a Geauga County resident.
- You must have an appointment.
Geauga Public Health also conducts car seat checks for all Geauga County residents, by appointment only.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 440.279.1950.